Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Unmasking Family Truths: A Journey Through Generations

I’ve never really cared for what my dad’s side of the family had or achieved. I’ve always been proud enough of myself to want to do things on my own. Since my grandparents passed away about a decade ago, I’ve been on a spiritual journey where I’ve been able to find myself in my creator.


Last year, as my dad faced his worst health year in Honduras, I was thrown into a battle that has been raging within my family for generations. Yet, not once did I ever want to go to war with my aunts—that was never the intention. But that is what had to be done. My aunts have spent the last decade fighting among themselves about the inheritance, which, by the way, my father could care less about. I think he feels inadequate to receive it. You see, my dad marched to the beat of his own drum. He chose to do everything opposite of what his parents wanted, and for that, I thank him today. I am grateful that he never conformed to their liking. This has brought much grief and despair to my immediate family, but we never became infected by the veil that cripples my aunts.

The Battle I Never Wanted

It saddens me that it has come to me being brutally honest through social media and my blog, but there is no other way. You see, since my dad fell ill, I truly believe both Mami Maura and Papi Joche have been in my dreams repeatedly. It’s like they are guiding me to discover a truth that I know nothing about. Monica and the rest of the siblings have known about her origins because, while they were growing up, Monica was always taken to spend time with her siblings and grandmother from her biological father. Her biological father would come to my grandparents' home and spend time there with them. So, Maria Ernestina, Maura Josefina, Ana Carolina, and my father Jose Ricardo saw this growing up and realized that there were preferences between them.

The Deep-Rooted Trauma

That must have been traumatic for all of them—to have to compete for attention or love from their parents and see how some were treated differently than others. The problem was that it didn’t end there. My grandmother married off her two eldest daughters to men with a last name and money within Honduran society. Not that this made either of them happy, but they had to follow suit. Years later, I’m sure that they both ask themselves why. The other two that followed the older sisters married for love, and well, they have shared their trials and tribulations. My father divorced my mother and has remained that way ever since.

The Inheritance Dispute

Now, Monica—it is said that my grandmother brought my German uncle into the family because he was German. I’m glad my grandmother realized the piece of shit she brought into the family before she died, but the damage was already done. They gave Monica and Maria Ernestina free reign on how to deal with the inheritance, which these two have either stolen or misused without giving anyone proper warning. These dreams with my grandparents are getting more and more vivid, and they keep wanting me to unmask the truth. It’s as if they know what they did to my dad was wrong on many levels.

Seeking Truth and Justice

You see, my dad didn’t set foot in Honduras until 2019, giving my aunts more than 30 years to squeeze money and other things out of my grandparents. My question is: if I am wrong, why doesn’t Monica want to give my dad a copy of the last will and testament of my grandfather? Why did the lawyer disappear before Mami Maura could inherit? Why is Monica trying to keep something that is not hers?

Moving Forward

As I continue to navigate this tumultuous journey, I remain committed to uncovering the truth and bringing transparency to light. This is not just about an inheritance; it's about understanding and resolving the deep-seated issues that have plagued my family for generations.

To anyone reading this, know that your spiritual journey and quest for truth are valid. It’s important to seek guidance, gather information, and approach conflicts with a balanced perspective. And most importantly, take care of your well-being amidst the chaos. This path is challenging, but with patience, compassion, and determination, we can uncover the truths that have long been hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment